Cake Smash (Day 199)

So. I thought that I would do a formal, outdoor cakesmash. My plan was to hunt down an antique, wooden high chair and use the backdrop of trees behind our house. However, I couldn't find said high chair, regardless of how many antique shops, thrift stores, and garage sales I looked at. Unfortunately Moses is just way too active for me to just plop him on the ground on a blanket for a cake smash. He would just crawl away. So I decided that I wouldn't do the photos after all.

But we were at my parents house the other day, having family cake/singing happy birthday to Moses and I (for the third time), and I decided, what the heck? They have a (ugly plastic) booster seat there for him. They have a backyard. Why not?

The pictures did not turn out nearly as well as I would have wanted them to. First off, the backdrop wasn't stellar. No trees, just other people's houses and a chain link fence. Nice. And Moses didn't smile a whole lot. The icing on the cake though (haha) is the hideous colour cast from the yellow booster seat.

Also, I wasn't planning on taking any outdoor photos, so I didn't bring my telephoto lens, which means I didn't get the nice bokeh I'm accostumed too.

Oh, well. You win some you lose some. Without further ado. . .






1 Comments:

Ashley Sisk

I think they work though - and he's a cutie so I'll take any shots!

Return top