Day 8: Baby, it's cold outside




This morning there was tons of snow coming down, so I decided to try to get some photos of falling snow. Moses was cranky and needed to nap, so we let him sleep while I looked on the internet to try to figure out the best settings to catch the snow. I figured out the settings, then almost divorced my camera because I couldn't figure out how to set the shutterspeed and f-stop on it. Sigh. Thankfully some people from my photography board talked me down off that ledge and I managed to get my camera under control. By then, Moses had woken up and was in a better mood, but the snow wasn't falling nearly as hard and the sun wasn't shining nearly as bright. I decided to give it a shot anyway, though, and here's the finished product. I'm not in love with most of them, but I like each one for specific reasons.


I love his long eyelashes in this one , but I clearly need white balance help. Also, its a tad noisy but 200 was as low as the ISO could go without great lighting.




And here it is in black and white. I did a custom black and white with this one, with a red colour filter.




I think its pretty distracting the way I cropped off half the pom pom, so when I get this one printed I'll just crop it out completely. It's a tad out of focus, but I love his smile and you can kind of see the snow falling. . .sort of. Or else it just looks like there are pieces of fluff on his face. :/




I like the white balance in this one, though we have the same snow falling/fluff issue as in the one above. Any suggestions on what to do about that are welcome. My f-stop wouldn't go lower than 5.6.




It's not as sharp as it could be, but I like the white balance. I did a custom black and white with a red filter again and I like the way that turned out.




Here it is in colour. You can "kind of" see the snow falling.




I just like the expression on his face.




I just think this one captures his personality perfectly.




See the snowflakes on his eyelashes?




Look how much fun he's having! Unfortunately that falling snowflake looks like a cotton ball on his crotch. I may just clone that out before printing. Did I leave too much white space above his head?




He's clearly had enough at this point.







Our light was totally gone for these last two.
Suggestions welcome on any and all of these!

2 Comments:

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah

These pictures are adorable!
(sorry, spelled something wrong in the post above)

Return top